The guide details page provides a detailed readout of interaction and metrics for a specific guide. Click a guide’s name from the guide list to navigate to this view. The Guide Details includes 2 sections: Settings & Metrics.
To view Guide metrics, switch to the "Metrics" tab at the top of the details page:
1 - Daily or Weekly Views Chart
The first chart on the guide details page provides a summary of guide views and viewers. You can toggle between "Weekly" or "Monthly" and between "Views" or (unique) "Visitors" in the top left corner of the chart.
Select the dropdown option to switch from "Daily" to "Weekly" or "Views" to "Visitors."
For each time period the chart shows the total number of views or visitors broken down by first time and repeat views. First time views of the guide are displayed in blue and repeat views in gray. Either can be hidden by clicking the legend on the bottom of the chart.
Feature overlay allows you to display feature usage over the Weekly Views Chart. This can provide insight to how a particular guide is affecting feature usage in your application or vice versa. Maybe this guide is an announcement telling users about a new feature you have added. Overlaying the actual feature usage lets you see the impact.
To add a feature overlay, click the "Add Feature" button in the upper right-hand corner of the chart. From this menu, you can select any tagged feature in Pendo. Once you select the feature, it will be added to the chart as a line, showing the number of clicks on that feature over the guide views for the given time period.
To remove the overlay, click the "Add Feature" button again. An "X" will appear next to any feature that has been added. Click the ‘X’ to remove the feature overlay from the chart.
Current Guide Targeting
The guide targeting report on the right-hand side of the Weekly Views chart shows how many visitors are eligible to see the guide. Guide eligibility is based on the guide’s "Targeted Segment".
The right "Targeted" number is the total number of visitors eligible to see the guide based on the guide’s "Targeted Segment". The left number is determined by the segment chosen at the top of the page next to date range. This top segment option only filters the data on the page and does not affect the guide’s "Targeted Segment".
You can use this feature to see how many users from a certain segment you have created are eligible to see the guide, and the percentage they represent of the overall guide audience.
2 - Visitors Per Guide step
The chart shows how many visitors, within the segment and date range at the top of the page, reached each step of the walkthrough. If you only have 1 step in your Guide, you will only see one bar.
3 - Time on Guide
The Time on Guide chart shows the average time that users spend on the guide along with a histogram chart broken into two buckets based on seconds. Click on the histogram columns to zoom into more details information for that column.
4 - Guide Activity
The bottom of the page provides detailed information on guide activity (see below for more detail on walkthroughs and polls which add additional modules to the report). By default, guide activity is grouped by visitor.
For the defined segment and time period, the report summarizes:
- The number of views
- The time spent viewing the guide
- The status of the guide
- Displayed: The guide was presented to the visitor. They did not take any action to advance (walk-throughs only) or dismiss the guide. If the guide is set to display automatically, it will be presented to them again.
- Closed: The guide was presented to the visitor. The visitor selected to dismiss the guide by clicking on the “X” icon. Automatic guides will not show to the visitor again.
- Action Taken: An advance on a guide that isn’t a walkthrough. Action taken will include events from buttons that have
pendo.onGuideAdvancedlogic tied to them. A single step poll is an example of this - if the user submits the poll, Pendo will display "Action Taken".
- Advanced: (specific to walkthroughs) The guide was presented to the visitor, and a transition event was recorded. This means that the visitor saw the current step and advanced the guide to the next step without dismissing it. Automatic guides may be shown to the visitor again if they don’t ultimately dismiss or complete the walkthrough. The visitor will see the last seen step in the guide for 10 minutes from the last advance. After a 10 minute timeout, the visitor will see the first step in the walk-through.
- Completed: (specific to walkthroughs) This indicates that the visitor has fully progressed through all of the walkthrough steps without dismissing the guide.
You can expand each line item to see the detailed activity for each visitor. Alternatively, you can view the report by events, which shows all relevant guide events ungrouped by Visitor ID. To see this view, click the ‘All Events’ tab in the report.