The Visitors section of Pendo provides details about - you guessed it - your visitors. A visitor is a single individual user; one (only), sole, lone, solitary, by itself/oneself.
Visitor Page View
Number of Visitors: total number of unique active visitors within the selected segment and date range specified at the top of the page.
Average Daily Time on Site: this is the average daily time each visitor spent using your product. Again, it is displaying data for visitors within the selected segment and date range specified at the top of the page.
Frequency: broken into three date range categories - daily, weekly, and monthly - this graphic shows you how often your app is used. The goal here is to increase the number of daily and weekly users.
- Daily visitors: to qualify as daily, the visitor must be active at least 13 of the last 30 days.
- Weekly visitors: to qualify as weekly, the visitor must be active at least 5, but no more than 12, of the last 30 days.
- Monthly visitors: to qualify as a monthly, the visitor must be active at least 1, but no more than 4, of the last 30 days.
- Search: looking for a specific visitor? You can search for them in the top right corner.
Visitors List View
Towards the bottom of the visitors page you’ll find the visitor list.
Visitor List: this list of visitors reflects active visitors for the selected segment and date range.
- Actions: want to view data on more than just the default columns? Click on actions to reveal the option to edit your columns. This also reveals the download to CSV and save as visitor report functionality.
If you click on any of the visitors within the visitor list, you’ll find yourself on the visitor details page.
Let’s dig into the information housed in this section.
Details: the details section is broken up into three (sometimes four) main metadata categories.
Pendo Settings: by default, we provide you with Browser Name, Browser Version, Server Name, First Visit, Last Visit, Sample Group, and whether or not the visitor is Blacklisted.
Agent: this section includes any metadata values that are being passed to Pendo via the agent.
Custom: includes custom metadata values
- Salesforce: when enabled, this section will display any associated metadata that is pulled into Pendo via our Salesforce integration.
Number of Days Active: this is the total number of days the visitor was active in the selected date range. A visitor is considered active when we capture at least one event in a 24 hour period.
Average Time Per Day: the average time the visitor spent using your product on the days they were active within the selected date range.
- 1h 28m = 1 hour, 28 minutes
- 1h 28m = 1 hour, 28 minutes
Total Time: total time the visitor spent using your product within the selected date range. We add one minute to the counter for each minute we register any activity (page load, focus, clicks, etc.). If a visitor is not interacting with the site (i.e. background tab) we will not count that time.
- Usage Trending: this is a simple metric which can be used to gauge the health of a visitor. It compares the visitor’s total time for the selected date range (period n) to the previous period of equal length (period n-1).
Towards the end of the visitor details page lies the visitor timeline.
Timeline: the timeline displays the specific actions a user took while using your product on any given day. Click to expand the specific day you have interest in looking at. Click on any of the dates to dig into the data further
- Timeline Data: here is where you’re able to dig into the specific actions. Hovering over various parts of the timeline will reveal data related to the page, feature, or guide the visitor was interacting with, total time spent on the page/feature/guide, and the browser they were using at the time. To zoom in on the timeline, simply click and drag your cursor.