Trends allow you to develop better insights with improved, in-app analysis. In Pendo, the Trends graph will allow you to:
- Compare multiple segments to each other
- Compare multiple features to each other
- Compare multiple pages to each other
- Compare across two time frames
From the Report Builder, first select what you would like to compare: Features, Segments or Pages. If you have selected Features or Pages, as your second step you will need to select the segment to compare across, and then the Features or Pages selector will appear above the graph.
Alternatively, if you selected Segments initially, your second step will be to select which specific activity to compare the segments across. Once you have chosen the activity type, the Segments selector will appear above the graph.
Graph Viewing Options
After selecting your specific Features/Segments/Pages to be compared, you will see the graph populate with data. You can then choose to view the graph via line chart or bar chart, depending on which icon you select in the top right corner of the graph.
You can adjust the X & Y axis for additional viewing options. The X axis will always be the date range, which (dependent on the date range) you can view Daily, Weekly, or you can click "Add Date Range" to compare across two time frames. Hovering over any part of the graph will show specific data point details.
The Y axis has four different viewing options:
- Number of Accounts: number of the Accounts that met the segment rule and date range selected (and viewed the Page or clicked on the Feature, if applicable)
- Number of Visitors: number of the Visitors that met the segment rule and date range selected (and viewed the Page or clicked on the Feature, if applicable)
- Percent of Accounts: percentage of Accounts that viewed that page or clicked on the feature divided by the total active Accounts for that day
- Percent of Visitors: percentage of Visitors that viewed that page or clicked on the feature divided by the total active Visitors for that day
If you have chosen to compare Segments, you will only see Number of Accounts and Number of Visitors as Y axis options.
At the bottom of the Trends page, you will see the Breakdown section. Here you have two viewing options, which can be seen by clicking on the list icon in the top-right corner of the table.
"Raw Data" will provide daily rows of data dependent upon the compare and graph specific settings. "Page Data As Rows" will provide one row for each Feature/Segment/Page that is compared and acts as more of a summary option.
Additionally, you can export the Breakdown table via CSV download if you would like to view this data outside of Pendo.
Once the Trends report has been created and data is displaying in the graph, you have the option to save the report. To do this, click on the "Save Report" button in the top right-hand corner of the Trends page. Name your report, set visibility, and save. This report will now be available in the "Saved Reports" tab of the Trends page. After the report has been saved, you also have the ability to "Save to Dashboard."